Posted on: Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Bangladesh Hi-Tech Park Authority (BHTPA) is an autonomous government organization established in 2010 is responsible for creating Hi-Tech park / Software Technology Park in the Country. BHTPA is progressing in developing 28 HTP/STP in Bangladesh such as Bangabandhu Hi-Tech City, Kaliakoir , Sheikh Hasina Software Technology Park, Jessore, Janata Tower Software Technology Park, Dhaka, Sylhet Hi-Tech Park, Rajshahi Hi-Tech Park are in in advance stage for investment. BHTPA also expands its activities for developing the industry strategy, marketing, branding promotion strategy and plan. To promote the parks towards potential investors, entrepreneurs, park developers and G2G entities to both home and aboard. BHTPA is now looking for an consultant capable of achieving the tasks stipulated in the Scope of Work.
Scope of Work
Under the Direct supervision of the Managing Director of BHTPA, the consultant will be responsible for preparation and implementation of BHTPA's marketing, branding and communications strategy. Specifically, the consultant will be expected to:
- Develop and implement BHTPA's Marketing, branding and Communications strategy for both local and International arena, taking into account its current profile within the Government of Bangladesh, ICT Division, IT/ITES/Hardware manufacturer/Investors stakeholders. This strategy will define, strengthen and promote the BHTPA brand (The HTPS/STPs) and effectively market BHTPA's work, competencies, incentives to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop relationships with journalists, publications and key players within its stakeholders including mass media with a view to raising BHTPA's visibility locally and internationally.
- Manage and implement a strategy of increasing BHTPA's visibility within the country via events (workshops, conferences, activation etc), publications, meetings and targeted outreach.
- Develop, publish and disseminate BHTPA's marketing and promotional materials, and determine the best media to achieve its dissemination goals.
- Develop a strategy and an action plan for the maintenance of BHTPA's web-based platforms, by: (i) assisting in the day-to-day management of BHTPA's web based platforms (e.g.; communicating with investors, maintenance of web performance statistics, and responding to inquiries from prospective clients); and (ii) facilitating development of new contents for BHTPA's digital platforms.
- Develop a strategy and an action plan for the maintenance of BHTPA's social media platforms eg : facebook, twitter, google+ etc.
- Develop selected BHTPA communication materials, including press kits, fact sheets, brochures and graphic work.
- Assist in tracking and effectively communicating the results and impact of BHTPA's work, via web-based tools or any other means for effective reporting and demonstration of BHTPA's value and impact
- Ensure smooth implementation of all communications, marketing, branding and outreach activities, in coordination with BHTPA team members
- Conduct any other assignments related to marketing, communications, branding and outreach, as may be required
- Others activates as instructed by the Managing Director of BHTPA.
Qualifications of the Consultant
a) The applicant must have experience in design, development and delivery of IT/ITES related marketing and branding programs based on international best practices for 03 (three) years. The applicant will submit reference(s) from previous employer(s) stating successful completion of delivery
b) The applicant must have completed contracts on marketing and branding programs and business development within international organizations
c) The consultant must have at least Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or relevant m any reputed public/private university and possess minimum 6-7years' experience in business development or implementation of marketing and branding at a national or international level. Candidates with ACCA background with Specific International Marketing experience may also apply.
d) S/he should have an established track record in maintaining/managing web platforms, graphics and social media
e) The incumbent should have demonstrated experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including senior government officials, donors, media, consultants and academics
Reporting Arrangements: The Marketing, Branding and Communications consultant will assist and report to the Managing Director of BHTPA under the general supervision and guidance of the Director (Admin & Finance)..
Duration of the Assignment: The duration of the assignment will be approximately 12 (twelve) months from the commencement date and may extend further subject to satisfactory performance of the consultant.
Facilities to be provided by BHTPA: BHTPA will provide appropriate office space and other associated logistics (data, information, furniture, stationeries, etc.) necessary to carry out the assignment.
Reporting requirements/deliverable: The Marketing, Branding and Communications consultants will need the following reporting requirements/deliverables, but not limited to:
A Marketing/Communication Plan Yearly activity plan and progress report Monthly progress report based on yearly plan Any other Report, as required.